Amy Kan_Mlim 6323

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Digital Story


Reflection


It is my first time to use this software -- Photostory. I find it interesting. I enjoy doing it. I have great experience with my partner, Terence Chow when doing our work. We try to make this digital stories for my F.2 students.

When I teach Passive Voice, I used to tell students 2 similar stories orally. One is told in Active Voice, the other is told in Passive. Then I will ask them to spot the differences bwtween these 2 stories. Now after learning this skill, I can create visual story to help me teach students.

This skill is useful in teaching. It is much more time saving than using "Flash". I think students like watching this kind of movies. I would try to show my students this digital story when I teach this topic and see their response.

Hope tonight, I can learn some more skills to help in my teaching.

Here are my digital stories.

Story 1
Story 2

4 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    If it was not mentioned explicitly, I would not be able to identify the differences.

    Visual presentation of information has an advantage. Not everyone will notice the grammar, be it correct or not. Hahaha...

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Ryan said…

    The story is quite interesting. But it seems that the volume of sound is too low!

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Amy Kan said…

    Chris,
    You are right. I would remind my students what they need to pay attention to before looking at the stories.

     
  • At 2:16 AM, Blogger Mr. Chan CB said…

    I think the stories would have been better told if no music is used in the background. But I like your idea of giving a task to students to work out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home