Amy Kan_Mlim 6323

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Task2

Here is a piece of great work created by Terence and I. Please take a look and give us some comments. Thanks!

Reflection
"Well designed graphics are far more effective than
words."
"Visuals can communicate complex ideas..."
(Tufte, 1983) It is right, but to me it is difficult to create a well designed picture. I found that it is easier for me to use words to express information than drawing pictures. Maybe it is because I am not a creative and innovative person and my visual literacy is really poor.

In doing this task, firstly I have considered using Flash but I am not familiar with this software and it is time-consuming to create even a simple object. At last we decided to use powerpoint to help us accomplish our task. I find that this task is interesting and helps me understand more about the advantages of visual representation. It is always easier said than done. Looking at a picture and getting ideas from it is surely easier than creating a picture and embedding information into it.
Anyway, looking at our final product, I am pleased and treasure this experience.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:50 AM, Blogger Chan Kit Fun said…

    Dear Amy,
    I agree that creating a good viual representation is not easy. Visual appeal,beauty, aesthetic are crucial attributes which we must also consider.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Christina MLIM said…

    You are doing a good job.

    I am also not creative and innovative person, so I agree that I also have difficulty to draw a beautiful picture to replace thousands words.

    By doing the tasks, I think they are the chances to me to try more. At least I tried to put all information I want to express in the limited space in the visual way.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Beryl said…

    Adding a legend is a good way to give extra information. Your presentation is very clear.

    Beryl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home